Monday, May 17, 2010

Laby Bug Gaga

Bean plants are sprouting today...always exciting. It's just amazing that you put that dry looking little seen in the ground and in about a week you get the little green sprout...amazing! I'll get some pictures once they get a little larger.
My new obsession with my garden is ladybugs. I want lots and lots of ladybugs. Ladybugs eat aphids, mealy worms, scale, leaf hoppers and other destructive pests. One lady bug may eat up to 50 aphids in just an afternoon, and they don't eat vegetation at all. Who knew ladybugs were such killers. I found a couple of places that will actually ship you ladybugs...1500 of them! Only 10 dollars! But they're stored in your refrigerator and Mitzi says nope. Oh well...maybe they'll naturally be attracted.
We've been getting a ALOT of rain the past week and I'm a little worried it may be too much of a good thing. Of course I'm sure in about a month I'll be begging for rain for the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment